2008-09-28

Google Chrome, With the Right Computer, it Rocks

Once I got over the disappointment over the fact that their wasn't actually any chrome colour in Google's new Browser, I was impressed with the speed of delivering web pages. However, I was not pleased with the speed of plug ins.

That was on my old computer. Since any money I save is surrendered to the stock market gods, I  broke down and bough a laptop computer. If you don't have one, get one. But I digress.

With a dual core computer and 3Gigs of RAM, Google Chromes preforms marvellously. Including with plug-ins (granted, downloading and installing them is a bit of a pain).

The core of Google Chrome is Webkit. That core is also used by Safari. That is why few notice any noticeable speed improvements with Chrome over Safari. But I use Internet Explorer at work, so using Google Chrome makes home just that much better (yes, I realise the point of a laptop is to use it outside of your home, but I use it to blog in bed).

So let's recap, IE6 at work (because I work for idiots), Safari on my iPhone (no choice), IE7 on my older desktop and Google Chrome on my brand new laptop. 

No comments:

Labels

Canada (204) Internet (124) TV (104) iPhone (103) World (99) Liberal Party (65) New Brunswick (44) OUI (43) Ipod touch (33) Media (33) haha (29) Bus (26) Environment (16) StreetView (16) La politique (15) Twitter (15) Travel (12) wmtc (12) Books (11) iPad (11) Gadgets (10) Cancer (7) Monde (6) tetesaclaques (6) HOC (5) Shoshana (4) Games (2) Index (1) tac (1)

Twitter Updates